Updated: Oct 26, 2019
Gout ( Increased Uric Acid ) is a form of inflammatory arthritis characterized by recurrent attacks of a red, tender, hot, and swollen joint. Gout is disorder of purine metabolism which causes elevated levels of uric acid in the blood. This occurs due to a combination of diet and genetic factors. Uric acid is usually filtered through the kidneys and pass out in the urine. If the body produces too much uric acid, or fails to excrete it, crystals form and become concentrated in the joints and tendons. This causes swelling, pressure and severe pain resulting in an attack of gout.
It occurs more commonly in those who regularly eat diet rich in proteins, meat or seafood, drink beer, or are overweight.
· Sudden, intense pain in a joint, typically the big toe or ankle, sometimes the knee, hand or wrist.· Swelling, inflammation and a feeling that the joint is very hot.· Extreme tenderness of the joint to even the lightest touch.· Red or purple skin around the joint.· In extreme cases alternating chills and fever· With recurring attacks soft fleshy growths may appear, called tophi, which are accumulations of uric acid crystals.
Gout has four distinct stages:
· Asymptomatic: High levels of Uric acid in blood but no joint complaints.
· Acute phase: Acute complaints pain and swelling occur for a brief period.
· Intercritical phase: There is no pain or swelling of joints in this phase, the patient is relatively symptom-free..
· Chronic: Gout attacks may become frequent during this phase and the condition may affect many joints at a time (polyarticular). Tophi formation may also be seen .
1) Drink plenty of water.
2) low protein intake ( purines)
3) limit caffiene, spinach, mushroom, dried beans, lentils, cauliflower
4) eat cherry, strawberry, foods rich in vitamin C, pineapple , turmeric, ginger, peppers, lemon etc.
5) avoid alcohol.
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT :
Homeopathy can provide a measure of relief during painful attacks of joint pain and inflammation, and also may help to reduce the likelihood of further episodes.
Few indicated remedies are :
1) BENZOIC ACID
ARTHRITIS, GOUT WITH OR ALTERNATING WITH OFFENSIVE, THICK URINE WITH SEDIMENT.
- Arthritic nodosities.
- Gout agg. knee, big toe , agg. right side.
- Contraction, esp. fingers.
- Crackling sound in joint.
- ARTHRITIS, GOUT.
Wandering pains , sharp pain in GREAT TOE
PAIN agg. SLIGHT TOUCH, MOTION (Bry).
Pain from left to right.
<< evening , night
ARTHRITIC, RHEUMATIC, GOUTY PAIN often with sensation of heat in affected limb.
amel. COLD APPLICATIONS .
agg. Warmth, exertion, motion, pressure.
Joints mostly affected: wrists, knees, ankles.
- Abscesses in swollen joints.
- Tendons shortened, swollen, stiff , Contracted, especially hamstrings.
- Immovable stiffness.
- Growing pains (Calc-p).
4) LEDUM PAL
- RHEUMATISM. GOUT. Mainly of lower limbs. Podagra ( GOUT of big toe ) Nodosities.
AFFECTIONS TRAVELLING UPWARD FROM FEET.
amel. COLD APPLICATIONS , Put their feet in ICE WATER.
agg. HEAT in bed, motion.
Swelling of affected joints.
Complaints after eating meat and alcohol.
5) LITHIUM CARB
RHEUMATIC PAINS with stiffness. Nodules. Gout.
Pain in small spots.
Often in smaller joints , finger joints, ear pinna
Also right shoulder; hip, knee, ankle.
- Pain in fingers, amel. grasping, motion, pressure.
amel: pouring hot water
6) URTICA URENS
- Rheumatism associated with urticaria-like eruptions.
- Pain in right deltoid, agg. rotating arm inwards.
- pain in ankle, wrist
<< water, touch, cold
7) BERBERIS VULGARIS
- Arthritis: WANDERING (Puls, Form, Kali-bi, Kali-s.),
agg. motion, dur. menses.
- Gout and arthritis, radiating pain.
RHEUMATISM. Gout. Nodosities. Podagra ( Gout of BIG TOE)
agg. Right side, beginning to move.
amel. Continued motion.
- Sciatica agg. right side, lying on painful side, amel. walking.
- ONE FOOT OR HAND HOT, THE OTHER ONE COLD (Chel, Chin, Puls).
- Hot burning foot soles. Uncovers them at night.
- Painful corns , Offensive perspiration of feet.
Please refer to the following link : https://www.homoeopathy-online.com/book-appointment
HAPPY HEALING !
Please sign up to stay in touch and get latest updates on my Blog!